8 x P106-100 mining machine demo

The First link is a Video Demo review show in China Site, it is safe to watch, don’t worry :slight_smile:

Enjoy :slight_smile:

Does that show 22 Mh/s? It’s less than I was expecting…

Any zcash numbers?

Thanks

Yea, 22.6 - 22.7

BUT

Look at the clocks - 1500/2277 - those are WAY too high, and ETH could be throttled. I bet dropping the core down to 1200, and vram to 2200 - you’ll see it bump up to around 25-26/card

Out of curiosity, what is the current price at for them?

some sellers told me 22, others 25
i need to launch them up and try, but… hopefully tomorrow

The P104-100 cards are supposed to get around 60 Mh/s, which seems like a big jump from 25 Mh/s (after UC). This projection seems a bit high after the P106-100 card performance for ETH. I guess we’ll see!

Here is some initial analysis if you were going to spend 4k on new cards.

Assuming 150 watts per card with 8 cards at 25 Mh/s with the GP106-100 ($500/card):

Assuming 270 watts per card with 5 cards underclocked to 735 Sol/s with the 1080 ti water-cooled Corsair cards ($800/card):

in all fairness, the rig does look pretty slick. the hype is real and i cant wait :heart_eyes:

i wonder how much this would drive up the price/difficulty of zec tho :thinking:

I think not much because zec’s Equihash has a memory-intensive bottleneck that makes it difficult to build a mining-specific board for. I haven’t seen the zec benchmarks which might be out soon, but my thought is that these cards are really targeting eth.

is it really?
https://www.pandaminer.com/

can you please explain to me how this is different? (edited becuase i sounded like dick)

This miner is really just a simplified system designed around a graphics card. It doesn’t re-design the card and put it all on one board like a Bitcoin mining ASIC.